With the 2014-15 NHL season approaching its end, gamers are already looking forward to the release of EA Sports NHL 16 this fall, and today we got word that besides a host of new features, some old favorites will be returning to the landmark XBox/PS4 hockey video game.
Features New (or Returning) to EA Sports NHL 16
- HUT Single Player Offline Seasons
- Sim To The Next Shift in Be a Player mode, as well as starting your career in the minors
- Manage morale of individual players in Be a GM mode
- A new player class system for the EA Sports Hockey League, as opposed to simple progression
- 6v6 Online Team Play
- Online Couch Co-op (up to 4 players on one console can play against 4 players on another console)
- Mascots – bringing a little local flavor to various NHL arenas!
- New “story-driven” commentary package
The full statement from EA Sports can be found here.
In addition, EA Sports is seeking input from gamers ahead of the NHL 16 release by opening the Ask EA Sports NHL 16 portal, a site where fans can submit questions and review the public answers provided by the development team. Have a look around, and see whether your questions might have already been asked & answered!